Posts Tagged ‘mashup’
Madeon has generated some serious hype for himself by posting an awesome live mashup video titled “Pop Culture.” The mashup features 39 of Madeon’s favorite songs and they’re all mashed up in a proper fashion that will make you question what exactly it is you are listening to. And if watching Madeon’s magical fingers work away at his touchpad wasn’t enough for your wanting eyes, youtube user levmyshkin has made a video mashup featuring music video clips from the majority of the songs used by Madeon. The resulting combination of masterful audio and video skill are quite hypnotic. See the video and tracklist below.
Alphabeat – Boyfriend
Alphabeat – Fascination
Bag Raiders – Shooting Stars
Black Eyed Peas – Gotta Feeling
Britney Spears – …Baby One More Time
Capsule – Can I Have A Word
Chromeo – Momma’s Boy
Coldplay – Viva La Vida
Daft Punk – Aerodynamic
Daft Punk – Around The World
Deadmau5 – Raise Your Weapon (Madeon Remix)
Deadmau5 – Right This Second
Ellie Goulding – Starry Eyed
ELO – Mr. Blue Sky
Girls Aloud – Biology
Gorillaz – Dare
Gossip – Heavy Cross (Fred Falke Remix)
Gwen Stefani – What You Waitin For (Jacques Lu Cont Mix)
Housse de Racket – Oh Yeah
Justice – DVNO
Justice – Phantom Part II
Katy Perry – One Of The Boys
Ke$ha – Take It Off
Kylie Minogue – Wow
Lady Gaga – Alejandro
Linkin Park – Crawling
Madonna – Hung Up
Martin Solveig ft. Dragonette – Boys and Girls
Michael Jackson – Billie Jean
Nero – Me and You
One Republic – All The Right Moves (Danger Remix)
One-T – Magic Key
Ratatat – Shempi
Solange – I Decided (Freemasons Remix)
Stardust – Music Sounds Better With You
The Buggles – Video Killed The Radio Star
The Killers – Losing Touch
The Who – Baba O’Riley (SebastiAn Remix)
Yelle – Que Veux Tu (Madeon Remix)
Be Rad. Enjoy.
Cameron Adams is an Australian designer who took upon himself the incredible task of making a good Daft Punk mash-up. But he didn’t stop there. As a visual and interactive designer, Adams sought to create “a data visualisation involving the process of remixing and mashups,” specifically with his newly crafted “Definiteve Daft Punk” mash-up song. The results are stunning. The mash-up is mixed well and serves as a quasi-how-to listen to Daft Punk. And the visual representation of the mash-up is something I’ve never seen before – very rad.
So head over the Cameron Adams’ website, Anatomy of a Mashup, to feast your eyes and ears on a 7 minute Daft Punk joyride. The visuals are stunning and all together hypnotizing. Oh! And you can download the mash up at the top right corner of the screen. Grab that radness!
Be Rad. Enjoy.
mashup is by no means new, but it is down right groovy.
“Remember The Time” was never my favorite Michael Jackson song, but when it is mashed up with the always classic “Breathe” by Telepopmusik, well, we’ve got some serious radness going on that is kind of hard to avoid.
DJ Sleeper is the man behind this beautifully crafted mashup and I must applaud him. This is definitely one of my favorites as it is refreshingly new, yet all too familiar. It’s a mashup done right.
I totally had this song on repeat while writing this. It’s sooooooo good.
Be Rad. Enjoy.
DJ Invisiboy hit me up about his Phonograffiti mix and it’s quite the little jam session. Invisiboy has the skills to create intricate mashups but, above it all, I really fancy his track selection. In the best way possible, it is a bit all over the place. I must say, the opening sample from The Misfits instantenously pulled me in though. And from there, like I said, it’s a bit all over the place; from the necessary rap vocals to the selective melodies of Bonnie Tyler, Fleetwood Mac, Alan Braxe, Miike Snow, etc. – this mixtape is fully of surprise goodies. Just give it a listen and check out the tracklist.
01. Ludacris Sound System – feat: The Misfits, Lil Mama, Operation Ivy, Ludacris, Figurine, Gwen Stefani, NWA, Dee-Lite ♥
02. Bright Eyes Against the World – feat: AmpLive, 2 Pac, Bonnie Tyler
03. Get Close to Me, Papi – feat: Jay – Z, The Cure ♥
04. Don’t Forget My Milli – feat: Milli Vanilli, Lil’ Wayne
05. Let It Go – feat: Brit n Alex, Yacht, DMX, Radiohead, 50 Cent, Snoop Dogg, Alan Braxe
06. Get On My Miracle Level – feat: Trillville, AC Newman, NWA, Dee-Light, Others
07. Likwit is the Main Ingredient – feat: Essex Boy, Alkaholics, Main Ingredient, Immortal Technique
08. This Halo’s for the Club – feat: Archie, Beyonce, Sissy
09. Everyday Maneater – feat: Blu, Notorious BIG, Hall & Oates, NWA, Crass, Bohagon
10. Git Your Slut On – feat: Missy Elliot, NWA, Avenue D, The Breeders,
11. Living in a New York Minute – feat: Az, Chromatics, Phil Collins, Junior Boys
12. Azz Everywhere – feat: Big Freedia, Fleetwood Mac, Kelis ♥♥♥♥♥
13. Kids Party in the USA – feat: Miley Cyrus, M83, Lil Jon, Murder Mark, MGMT ♥♥
14. Echoes of Bitch – feat: Alan Braxe, The Doobie Brothers, Missy Elliot, Trina, L’Trimm ♥♥♥♥
15. Lay Low for Two Weeks – feat: Ying Yang Twins, Fred Falke, Grizzly Bear ♥♥♥♥
16. Rawnald Where You At – feat: Starfucker, Lil Wayne, Robyn, F-Raz
17. Can I Get With You Sweetie? – feat: Diplo, Akon, The Notoroious BIG, Guns & Roses
18. This Animal Can’t Handle Me – feat: Miike Snow, Treasure Fingers, Flo Rida, Bravery, Kamsha
19. Stay Fly in this Club – feat: Junior Boys, Cupid, 3 6 Mafia, Usher
20. NY Ecstacy Hogg – feat: Bad News, Tough Alliance, Rhianna, Big Pokey, Soulwax
21. Pourin’ Up With the Freaks – feat: LCD Soundsystem, Dem Franchize Boyz, Pimp C, The Notwist
Be Rad. Enjoy.
I know I’ve come across Vincent Bocognani – who also goes by vinsse or vintz – and his work before, I just don’t recall exactly when or where. Either way, I was checking out some of his concept drawings over on the Behance Network and his work is flooded with video game and sci-fi references, interpretations and mash-ups, all with a distinct artist style that is unlike any artist I’ve seen. Check out my favorites below.
Vintz has much more to offer other than video game and sci-fi references: check out more concepts as well as some additional art over on Behance, on his Flickr stream, and head over to Threadless or Society6 for some of his designs on t-shirts.
Be Rad. Enjoy.